Wreathed in warpfire and imbued with boundless empyric energy, the Thousand Sons are the favoured mortal servants of Tzeentch, the Weaver of Destinies. What soul remains in these Heretic Astartes is consumed by a desire to see the Imperium burn. An aura of maddening flux radiates from the psychic core of the Traitor Legion, twisting hope into despair. As their warp presence flares ever brighter, time shifts unnaturally, stretching seconds into seeming eternities and crushing seconds into fleeting moments.The only anchors to reality that remain are the racing heartbeats of the fearful and the incessant pounding of Rubric Marines advancing in perfect unison. Whole swathes of realspace are left burning in the Thousand Sons’ wake, yet each battle is but a single step in a larger plan, a lone ripple in the corrupted stream of fate.
Codex: Thousand Sons contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Thousand Sons collectors. Within this 104-page hardback, you’ll find:
- Legion of Tzeentch: the history of the Thousand Sons, from their formation, the harnessing of the flaw that granted psychic mutations, and their near-destruction during the Horus Heresy at the iconic battle against the Space Wolves on their homeworld of Prospero;
- The Planet of the Sorcerers: details on this nightmarish world of daemons, from which the Thousand Sons launch their raids, and which has been drawn through the veil by Magnus the Red into the Emperor’s domain;
- An overview of the Legion’s organisation, with details of the 9 cults it is divided into;
- Hosts of the Psyker Lords: 12 examples of the uniforms, colour schemes and iconography of Thousand Sons sects; - A galactic map featuring key flashpoints and summoning rituals of the Thousand Sons;
- The Prism of Warfare: details of the sinister methods of war that these warriors mete out;
- A timeline covering major battles and events in their history, from the Horus Heresy to the Great Rift;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Thousand Sons army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Thousand Sons army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 26 datasheets providing rules for every Thousand Sons unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the Thousand Sons’ methods of war on the tabletop;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Sons of Magnus: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 3 Psychic disciplines – Discipline of Change, Dark Hereticus Discipline and Tzeentch Discipline – each featuring 6 psychic powers;
- 22 unique Stratagems;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits;
- Sorcerous Arcana: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to Thousand Sons;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.